Often it is only large businesses who have the budget to hire a finance director on their payroll; however, small and medium-sized businesses can benefit from this expertise by hiring a part-time finance director that they only pay for a day or two a month, depending on how much support they need.
By hiring a part-time or virtual finance director, you get the benefits without the headache, and cost of recruiting and managing that person. We act as part-time finance directors for businesses locally, where we spend time with them at their premises, and virtually when the client prefers or they are farther away.
With backgrounds in industry, we have the benefit of actually having run businesses ourselves meaning we understand the challenges a business owner faces, whether that is related to sales growth, people or finances.
We offer a choice of a face to face, virtual or combination for our part-time Finance Director service to local businesses in the Wetherby, Leeds, Harrogate and York areas, and for those further afield we provide a virtual Finance Director service.
The benefits of having a part-time Finance Director include:
• We understand what it is like to run a business, through the
good times and bad
• We have practical skill sets and are typically far more
commercial than your usual accountant
• We can help support the business owner or Managing
Director, becoming their trusted advisor
• We have been involved in a number of different businesses
before so have a broad range of experience to bring to the
• We can act as a sounding board for all key decisions in the
business, offering advice and challenge where necessary
• We can review finance options available to the business to
complement its growth plans
• We are more cost-effective than employing someone, usually
working on an agreed day rate for anywhere between 1 and 5
days a month.